Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I wander (and wander, and wander) lonely as a cloud...


In Oxford, J and I decided we needed a trip into the countryside: for me, to see daffodils; for him to ride on top of a double decker bus. We accomplished both with a visit to Woodstock's Blenheim Palace, home to the Duke of Marlborough. Since we come from a castle in Italy, we kind of thought that the Duke would be there to meet us, but he didn't show up. We had a good time anyway, and since the weather had turned cold and cloudy, there weren't many people around the grounds. One of the benefits of Blenheim for little people is the pleasure gardens, which include a playground, a kid-friendly tea shop, a model village, and the Marlborough Maze. J and I decided to give it a try, and though it was harder than I thought, we solved it in about 20 minutes. I was going to turn around after 5, but couldn't find the way we had come! Interestingly, we heard other people in the maze, but never actually saw anyone. I think J found the whole enterprise a little creepy, and was happy to reach the center (and exit).

1 comment:

  1. Nice daffodil picture. And, of course, always happy to see J resolve a problem.

    ReplyDelete